- int usb_get_descriptor(struct usb_device * dev, unsigned char type, unsigned char index, void * buf, int size);
- the device whose descriptor is being retrieved
- the descriptor type (USB_DT_*)
- the number of the descriptor
- where to put the descriptor
- how big is "buf"?
Gets a USB descriptor. Convenience functions exist to simplify getting some types of descriptors. Use usb_get_string or usb_string for USB_DT_STRING. Device (USB_DT_DEVICE) and configuration descriptors (USB_DT_CONFIG) are part of the device structure. In addition to a number of USB-standard descriptors, some devices also use class-specific or vendor-specific descriptors.
This call is synchronous, and may not be used in an interrupt context.
The number of bytes received on success, or else the status code returned by the underlying usb_control_msg call.