SYNOPSISvos online -server <machine name>
-partition <partition name>
-id <volume name or ID>
[-cell <cell name>]
[-verbose] [-encrypt] [-noresolve] [-help]
vos on -s <machine name>
-p <partition name>
-i <volume name or ID>
[-c <cell name>]
[-noa] -l] [-v] [-e] [-nor] [-h]
DESCRIPTIONThe vos online command brings an offline volume on line with the fileserver.
- -server <machine name>
- Identifies the file server machine where the volume resides. Provide the machine's IP address or its host name (either fully qualified or using an unambiguous abbreviation). For details, see vos(1).
- -partition <partition name>
- Identifies the partition where the volume resides, on the file server machine named by the -server argument. Provide the partition's complete name with preceding slash (for example, "/vicepa") or use one of the three acceptable abbreviated forms. For details, see vos(1).
- -id <volume name or ID>
- Specifies either the complete name or volume ID number of the volume.
- -cell <cell name>
- Names the cell in which to run the command. Do not combine this argument with the -localauth flag. For more details, see vos(1).
- Assigns the unprivileged identity anonymous to the issuer. Do not combine this flag with the -localauth flag. For more details, see vos(1).
- Constructs a server ticket using a key from the local /etc/openafs/server/KeyFile file. The vos command interpreter presents it to the Volume Server and Volume Location Server during mutual authentication. Do not combine this flag with the -cell argument or -noauth flag. For more details, see vos(1).
- Produces on the standard output stream a detailed trace of the command's execution. If this argument is omitted, only warnings and error messages appear.
- Encrypts the command so that the operation's results are not transmitted across the network in clear text. This option is available in OpenAFS versions 1.4.11 or later and 1.5.60 or later.
- Shows all servers as IP addresses instead of the DNS name. This is very useful when the server address is registered as 127.0.0.1 or when dealing with multi-homed servers. This option is available in OpenAFS versions 1.4.8 or later and 1.5.35 or later.
- Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored.
EXAMPLESThe following example brings an offline volume online:
% vos online -server sv7.stateu.edu -partition /vicepb -id root.afs
PRIVILEGE REQUIREDThe issuer must be listed in the /etc/openafs/server/UserList file on the machine specified with the -server argument and on each database server machine. If the -localauth flag is included, the issuer must instead be logged on to a server machine as the local superuser "root".
COPYRIGHTIBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved.
This man page was created by Steven Jenkins.