SYNOPSISwho-permits-upload [-h] [-s keyring] [-d dm_url] [-s search_type] query [query ...]
DESCRIPTIONwho-permits-upload looks up the given Debian Maintainer (DM) upload permissions from ftp-master.debian.org and parses them in a human readable way. The tool can search by DM name, sponsor (the person who granted the permission) and by package.
- --dmfile=dm_url, -d dm_url
- Retrieve the DM permission file from the supplied URL. When this option is not present, the default value https://ftp-master.debian.org/dm.txt is used.
- --help, -h
- Display a usage summary and exit.
- --keyring=keyring, -s keyring
Use the supplied GnuPG keyrings to look-up GPG fingerprints from the DM permission
file. When not present, the default Debian Developer and Maintainer keyrings are used
/usr/share/keyrings/debian-maintainers.gpg, installed by the debian-keyring
Separate keyrings with a colon ``:''.
- --search=search_type, -s search_type
Modify the look-up behavior. This influences the
interpretation of the query argument. Supported search types are:
- Search for a source package name. This is also the default when --search is omitted. Since package names are unique, this will return given ACLs - if any - for a single package.
- Search for a Debian Maintainer. This should be (a fraction of) a name. It will return all ACLs assigned to matching maintainers.
Search for a sponsor (i.e. a Debian Developer) who granted DM permissions. This
will return all ACLs given by the supplied developer.
Note that this is an expensive operation which may take some time.
A case sensitive argument to be looked up in the ACL permission file. The exact
interpretation of this argument is dependent by the --search argument.
This argument can be repeated.
- An error occurred
- The command line was not understood
- who-permits-upload --search=sponsor [email protected]
- Search for all DM upload permissions given by the UID ``[email protected]''. Note, that only primary UIDs will match.
- who-permits-upload -s=sponsor "Arno Töll"
- Same as above, but use a full name instead.
- who-permits-upload apache2
- Look up who gave upload permissions for the apache2 source package.
- who-permits-upload --search=uid "Paul Tagliamonte"
- Look up all DM upload permissions given to ``Paul Tagliamonte''.