SYNOPSISwlock [ -s [-a seconds ]] [ -t] [ -v] [ -b begin ] [ -l length ] file
wlock [ -s ] [ -v] [ -b begin ] [ -l length ] file program [ arguments ]
DESCRIPTIONThis program sets or tests advisory locks conforming to POSIX fcntl() call. You may specify optionaly a program to start it within the lock context.
OPTIONSThese options are accepted. If a program is provided as argument wlock will start it.
- Sets the lock.
- Test the lock (default).
- Verbose output.
- -b begin
- The lock starts at byte #begin.
- -l length
- The lock will be length bytes long.
- -a seconds
- The lock is active for seconds (default=86400).
- In test mode this means that the file is locked. In set mode it indicates the succesful creation of the lockfile
- The file is not locked. Only available in testmode.
- Some error has occurred.