SYNOPSISwmfrog [options] -station <METAR station id>
- -delay minutes
- Override time (in minutes) between updates. Default is 15.
- -m, -metric
- Display Temperature in metric unit: Celsius.
- -o offset
- Time offset of location from UTC. Positive or negative integer expressed in hours, like +1 or -7.
- -s, -station
- Required option. The 4-character METAR Station ID. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/METAR
- -w knots
- Set the maximum wind in KNOTS for percentage of max / scaling. Default is 50 Knots.
- -tmp directory
- Set the temporary directory where the METAR data files are downloaded Default is /tmp.
- -l label
- Set displayed text to 4 character (max) label to replace the METAR station id.
DESCRIPTIONA dockapp for weather reports. Includes clouds (clear, few, scattered, broken, overcast ...); Precipitations (drizzle, rain, snow, ice crystals: light/moderate or heavy); Special weather (Blowing wind / Freezing / Thunderstorm, funnel cloud...); Humidity percentage; Wind speed (average & gust); Wind Direction; Temperature (Celsius or Fahrenheit); Station name can be configured and weather report time is displayed.
To find out more about the METAR/TAF system, see http://nws.noaa.gov/ops2/Surface/metar_taf.htm
To find your city Metar code go to http://www.nws.noaa.gov/tg/siteloc.php
- Stored data files. The directory can be changed with option -tmp
AUTHORSprogram was written by Thibaut Colar <[email protected]>.
This manual page is based on 0.1.6 version of the program. Updated by Jari Aalto <[email protected]> and Doug Torrance <[email protected]>. Released under license GNU GPL v2 or (at your option) any later version. For more information about license, visit <http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html>.