DESCRIPTIONxautomation is a set of command lines programs to control X and do "visual scraping" to find things on the screen. The control interface allows mouse movement, clicking, button up/down, key up/down, etc, and uses the XTest extension so you don't have the annoying problems that xse has when apps ignore sent events. The visgrep program find images inside of images and reports the coordinates, allowing programs to find buttons, etc, on the screen to click on.
xautomation consists in the following programs:
- Converts an image file from PAT to PPM format.
- Extract a part of a PNG image file.
- Converts an image file from PNG to PAT format.
- Converts an image file from 24-bit RGB to PAT format
- Visual grep, greps for images in another image.
Generates fake input using the XTest extension.
For more information, please see the individual manpages of these programs.