yplay [options] <file1> [file2] ...
Instructs the Y server to start playing the specified sound objects on file data on the Y server's VFS (virtual file system).
Specify one or more paths to sound object files on the Y server's VFS (the Virtual File System of the computer that the Y server is running on).
If the specified path to the sound object file data is not an absolute path then the sound object file will be searched through the Y server's defined sound paths.
To interrupt the play at any time, press ctrl+c.
- Allow change Audio mode as needed (may cause sound objects played by other applications to be killed).
- -s <samplerate>
- Applied sample rate in Hz.
- -r <n>
- Repeat n times (-1 for infinate).
- -vol <left> <right>
- Specify volume coefficients, valid values are from 0.0 to 1.0 inclusive.
- Print verbose status messages.
- --recorder <address:port>
- Specify which Y server to connect to.
- Print help screen and exit.
- General error.
- Cannot connect to Y server error.
- Systems error.
- Specifies the Y server <address:port> to connect to. This is a fall back if the argument --recorder is not specified.
To play the sound object file /usr/share/sounds/info.wav on the Y server's machine, type:
# yplay /usr/share/sounds.info.wav
To play the same sound object file infinatly and verbosly, type:
# yplay -r -1 -v /usr/share/sounds.info.wav
To allow yplay to change the Audio values of the Y server to best match the given sound object file data, type:
# yplay -m /usr/share/sounds.info.wav