DESCRIPTIONzinject creates artificial problems in a ZFS pool by simulating data corruption or device failures. This program is dangerous.
- List injection records.
- zinject -b objset:object:level:blkd [-f frequency] [-amu] pool
- Force an error into the pool at a bookmark.
- zinject -c <id | all>
- Cancel injection records.
- zinject -d vdev -A <degrade|fault> pool
- Force a vdev into the DEGRADED or FAULTED state.
- zinject -d vdev [-e device_error] [-L label_error] [-T failure] [-F] pool
- Force a vdev error.
- zinject -I [-s seconds | -g txgs] pool
- Simulate a hardware failure that fails to honor a cache flush.
- zinject -p function pool
- Panic inside the specified function.
- zinject -t data [-e device_error] [-f frequency] [-l level] [-r range] [-amq] path
- Force an error into the contents of a file.
- zinject -t dnode [-e device_error] [-f frequency] [-l level] [-amq] path
- Force an error into the metadnode for a file or directory.
- zinject -t mos_type [-e device_error] [-f frequency] [-l level] [-r range] [-amqu] pool
- Force an error into the MOS of a pool.
- Flush the ARC before injection.
- -b objset:object:level:start:end
- Force an error into the pool at this bookmark tuple. Each number is in hexidecimal, and only one block can be specified.
- -d vdev
- A vdev specified by path or GUID.
- -e device_error
- Specify checksum for an ECKSUM error, dtl for an ECHILD error, io for an EIO error where reopening the device will succeed, or nxio for an ENXIO error where reopening the device will fail.
- -f frequency
- Only inject errors a fraction of the time. Expressed as an integer percentage between 1 and 100.
- Fail faster. Do fewer checks.
- -g txgs
- Run for this many transaction groups before reporting failure.
- Print the usage message.
- -l level
- Inject an error at a particular block level. The default is 0.
- -L label_error
- Set the label error region to one of nvlist, pad1, pad2, or uber.
- Automatically remount the underlying filesystem.
- Quiet mode. Only print the handler number added.
- -r range
- Inject an error over a particular logical range of an object, which will be translated to the appropriate blkid range according to the object's properties.
- -s seconds
- Run for this many seconds before reporting failure.
- -T failure
- Set the failure type to one of all, claim, free, read, or write.
- -t mos_type
- Set this to mos for any data in the MOS, mosdir for an object directory, config for the pool configuration, bpobj for the block pointer list, spacemap for the space map, metaslab for the metaslab, or errlog for the persistent error log.
Unload the pool after injection.
Run zinject in debug mode.
AUTHORSThis man page was written by Darik Horn <[email protected]> excerpting the zinject usage message and source code.