DESCRIPTIONdistmp3host is daemon part of distmp3, a utility for distributed mp3-encoding across multiple hosts on a network.
The daemon binds port 4600 on localhost and waits for connections. The client connects to a remote host on port 4600 and a handshake occurs.
If the handshake goes well the daemon creates two named-pipes (fifos) for the mp3-encoding program to use. It also forks one child as reading or writing from/to the fifos is a blocking system call.
The daemon passes the recieved wav data to the output-fifo (which the mp3-encoding program reads its data from).
The daemon reads the encoded mp3-data from the input-fifo (the one the mp3-encoder write it's encoded mp3 to) and sends it back to the client who writes it down in a file.
Default values are used if none specified, and those defaults are read from /etc/distmp3/distmp3.conf
- -p port
- The port to listen on.
- -s datasize
- The datachunksize to use when sending data to the distmp3host server.
- -d debug
- If 1 then debugmessages will be printed on stdout, else suppressed.
- -df debugfile
- If defined debugmessages will be printed to file debugfile
- -w wavfifo
- The fifo used for writing the wavfile to so the encoder can read it.
- -m mp3fifo
- The fifo used by the encoder to write the mp3stream to.
- -e program $wavfifo $mp3fifo
The program used for encoding the wavdata into mp3.
$wavfifo will be replaced with what was specified with -w
$mp3fifo will be replaced with what was specified with -m