SYNOPSISesorex vmifuscience [OPTIONS] FILE.sof
DESCRIPTIONThis recipe extracts IFU scientific spectra using the input extraction mask, after aligning it to the brightest fiber spectra detected on the input exposure. The extracted spectra are then resampled at a constant wavelength step, after aligning the input wavelength calibration to the positions of a set of identified sky lines. The extracted spectra are eventually corrected for the relative differences in transmission from fiber to fiber.
DO category: Type: Explanation: Required:
IFU_SCIENCE Raw Scientific spectra Y
MASTER_BIAS Calib Master bias Y
IFU_TRACE Calib Extraction mask Y
IFU_IDS Calib Wavelength calibration Y
IFU_TRANSMISSION Calib Transmission correction Y
EXTINCT_TABLE Calib Atmospheric extinction .
IFU_SPECPHOT_TABLE Calib Response curve .
CCD_TABLE Calib Bad pixel table .
DO category: Data type: Explanation:
IFU_SCIENCE_REDUCED FITS image Reduced scientific spectra
IFU_SCIENCE_FLUX_REDUCED FITS image Reduced scientific spectra
IFU_FOV FITS image Reconstructed IFU field-of-view
IFU_SKY_TRACE FITS table Science aligned extraction mask
Only if sky alignment is requested:
IFU_SKY_IDS FITS table Sky aligned wavelength solution The extraction mask, the wavelength calibration, and the relative transmission table, are those generated by the recipe vmifucalib. A CCD table must be specified only if a bad pixel cleaning is requested.
For more details, please refer to the VIMOS Pipeline User's Guide.
- --BiasMethod <str>
- Bias removal method. (str; default: 'Zmaster'). The full name of this option for the EsoRex configuration file is vimos.Parameters.bias.removing.method [default = Zmaster].
- --CleanBadPixel <bool>
- Bad pixel correction on master flat field. (bool; default: False). The full name of this option for the EsoRex configuration file is vimos.Parameters.badpixel.clean [default = False].
- --ApplyTransmission <bool>
- Apply transmission correction to extracted scientific spectra (bool; default: True). The full name of this option for the EsoRex configuration file is vimos.Parameters.apply.transmission [default = True].
- --CalibrateFlux <bool>
- Extracted spectra are flux calibrated. (bool; default: False). The full name of this option for the EsoRex configuration file is vimos.Parameters.flux.calibration [default = False].
- --UseSkylines <bool>
- Use sky lines to refine the wavelength calibration (bool; default: True). The full name of this option for the EsoRex configuration file is vimos.Parameters.sky.align [default = True].
- --UseSkyIndividual <bool>
- Use sky lines to refine the wavelength calibration individually for each spectrum (bool; default: False). The full name of this option for the EsoRex configuration file is vimos.Parameters.sky.individual [default = False].
- --ComputeQC <bool>
Compute QC1 parameters (bool; default: False). The full name of this option for the EsoRex configuration
file is vimos.Parameters.quality.enable [default = False].
Note that it is possible to create a configuration file containing these options, along with suitable default values. Please refer to the details provided by the 'esorex --help' command.
AUTHORESO VIMOS Pipeline Team <[email protected]>
BUG REPORTSPlease report any problems to [email protected] Alternatively, you may send a report to the ESO User Support Department <[email protected]>.
LICENSEThis file is part of the VIMOS Instrument Pipeline Copyright (C) 2002-2005 European Southern Observatory
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA