SYNOPSISesorex vmdet [OPTIONS] FILE.sof
DESCRIPTIONThis recipe is used to estimate the read-out-noise (RON) and the gain of the CCD, and to determine the positions of the bad pixels.
The input SOF should contain at least five pairs of flat field exposures, all belonging to the same quadrant, each pair corresponding to a different exposure time. The flat fields can be produced either in imaging or in MOS mode. In MOS mode a HR grism is used, in order to illuminate the CCD also beyond the central region used in direct imaging mode, but no mask is inserted at the telescope focal plane.
This type of exposure cannot really be considered a spectral flat field, because the CCD is exposed to white light (i.e., without a wavelength dependency along the dispersion direction). The flat fields generated for the purpose of determining the detector properties are assigned the DO category DETECTOR_PROPERTIES, to distinguish them from the more common IMG_SCREEN_FLAT or MOS_SCREEN_FLAT that are used to produce master calibrations.
DO category: Type: Explanation: Required:
DETECTOR_PROPERTIES Raw Flat field Y
MASTER_BIAS Calib Master bias Y
DO category: Data type: Explanation:
CCD_TABLE FITS table Bad pixel table
(none) FITS image Bad pixel image
(none) FITS image Error image
Only the primary product, the bad pixel table, is copied (or moved) to the product directory. Other products are generated only on request (typically for debug purposes) and are not assigned a DO category as they would not be used anywhere in further data processing steps.
For more details, please refer to the VIMOS Pipeline User's Guide.
- --CreateBadPixelMap <bool>
- Bad pixel map creation (bool; default: True). The full name of this option for the EsoRex configuration file is vimos.Parameters.map [default = True].
- --CreateErrorImage <bool>
- Response slope uncertainty map creation (bool; default: False). The full name of this option for the EsoRex configuration file is vimos.Parameters.error [default = False].
- --DetectionThreshold <float>
- Threshold in determination of bad pixels (float; default: 5.0). The full name of this option for the EsoRex configuration file is vimos.Parameters.threshold [default = 5.0].
- --DetectionMode <str>
- Bad pixel detection method (str; default: 'Intolerant'). The full name of this option for the EsoRex configuration file is vimos.Parameters.method [default = Intolerant].
- --ComputeQC <bool>
Compute QC1 parameters. (bool; default: True). The full name of this option for the EsoRex configuration
file is vimos.Parameters.quality.enable [default = True].
Note that it is possible to create a configuration file containing these options, along with suitable default values. Please refer to the details provided by the 'esorex --help' command.
AUTHORESO VIMOS Pipeline Team <[email protected]>
BUG REPORTSPlease report any problems to [email protected]. Alternatively, you may send a report to the ESO User Support Department <[email protected]>.
LICENSEThis file is part of the VIMOS Instrument Pipeline Copyright (C) 2002-2005 European Southern Observatory
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA