SYNOPSISesorex vmimpreimaging [OPTIONS] FILE.sof
DESCRIPTIONThis recipe is used to apply basic reduction steps to the imaging observation that is preliminary to a MOS observation of the same field. No source detection is attempted on the image. The image WCS, together with the component describing the instrument optical distortions, is converted into the convention followed by VMMPS (the VIMOS mask preparation software). This set of coefficients, the so-called CO-matrix used by the SAO WCSTools package, is written to the header of the reduced image.
DO category: Type: Explanation: Required:
IMG_PREIMAGING Raw Preimaging exposure Y
MASTER_BIAS Calib Master bias Y
IMG_MASTER_SKY_FLAT Calib Master sky flat Y
PHOT_COEFF_TABLE Calib Photometric table .
CCD_TABLE Calib Bad pixel table .
DO category: Data type: Explanation:
IMG_SCIENCE_REDUCED FITS image Reduced preimaging exposure
If a photometric table is specified, the magnitude zeropoint, the atmospheric extinction coefficient, and the colour term are copied from the photometric table to the header of the reduced image. A CCD table must be specified in input only if a bad pixel cleaning is requested.
For more details, please refer to the VIMOS Pipeline User's Guide.
- --BiasMethod <str>
- Bias removal method. (str; default: 'Zmaster'). The full name of this option for the EsoRex configuration file is vimos.Parameters.bias.removing.method [default = Zmaster].
- --CleanBadPixel <bool>
- Bad pixel correction on reduced science image. (bool; default: False). The full name of this option for the EsoRex configuration file is vimos.Parameters.badpixel.clean [default = False].
- --CleanCosmic <bool>
- Cosmic ray removal from the input science image. (bool; default: True). The full name of this option for the EsoRex configuration file is vimos.Parameters.cosmics.clean [default = True].
- --CosmicsThreshold <float>
- Threshold for cosmic ray candidate selection. (float; default: 4.0). The full name of this option for the EsoRex configuration file is vimos.Parameters.cosmics.threshold [default = 4.0].
- --CosmicsRatio <float>
- Ratio for discrimination of objects and cosmics. (float; default: 2.0). The full name of this option for the EsoRex configuration file is vimos.Parameters.cosmics.ratio [default = 2.0].
- --TemperatureCheck <bool>
- Check beam temperature when updating the world coordinate system. (bool; default: True). The full name of this option for the EsoRex configuration file is vimos.Parameters.temperature.check [default = True].
- --TemperatureTolerance <float>
Maximum allowed difference between beam and ambient temperature.
(float; default: 3.0). The full name of this option for the EsoRex configuration
file is vimos.Parameters.temperature.tolerance [default = 3.0].
Note that it is possible to create a configuration file containing these options, along with suitable default values. Please refer to the details provided by the 'esorex --help' command.
AUTHORESO VIMOS Pipeline Team <[email protected]>
BUG REPORTSPlease report any problems to [email protected] Alternatively, you may send a report to the ESO User Support Department <[email protected]>.
LICENSEThis file is part of the VIMOS Instrument Pipeline Copyright (C) 2002-2005 European Southern Observatory
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA