SYNOPSISamsstop application_name authority_name
DESCRIPTIONamsstop is a utility program that terminates the operation of all registrars and all application modules running in the message space which is that portion of the indicated AMS venture that is operating in the local continuum. If one of the amsd tasks that are functioning as registrars for this venture is also functioning as the configuration server for the local continuum, then that configuration server is also terminated.
application_name and authority_name must identify an AMS venture that is known to operate in the local continuum, as noted in the MIB for the amsstop application module.
A message space can only be shut down by amsstop if the subject ``amsstop'' is defined in the MIBs of all modules in the message spaces.
- amsstop terminated normally.
- An anomalous exit status, indicating that amsstop was unable to register and therefore failed to shut down its message space, for reasons noted in the ion.log file.
FILESA MIB initialization file with the applicable default name (see amsrc(5) and amsxml(5)) must be present.
ENVIRONMENTNo environment variables apply.
DIAGNOSTICSThe following diagnostics may be issued to the ion.log log file:
- amsstop can't register.
- This message indicates that amsstop was unable to register, possibly because the ``amsstop'' role is not defined in the MIB initialization file.
- amsstop subject undefined.
- This message indicates that amsstop was unable to stop the message space because the ``amsstop'' subject is not defined in the MIB initialization file.
- amsstop can't publish 'amsstop' message.
- This message indicates that amsstop was unable to publish a message on subject 'amsstop' for reasons noted in the ion.log log file.