Start the calibre content server. The calibre content server exposes your calibre library over the internet. The default interface allows you to browse you calibre library by categories. You can also access an interface optimized for mobile browsers at /mobile and an OPDS based interface for use with reading applications at /opds.
The OPDS interface is advertised via BonJour automatically.
Whenever you pass arguments to calibre-server that have spaces in them, enclose the arguments in quotation marks.
- show program's version number and exit
- -h, --help
- show this help message and exit
- -p, --port
- The port on which to listen. Default is 8080
- -t, --timeout
- The server timeout in seconds. Default is 120
- The max number of worker threads to use. Default is 30
- Set a password to restrict access. By default access is unrestricted.
- Username for access. By default, it is: 'calibre'
- Development mode. Server automatically restarts on file changes and serves code files (html, css, js) from the file system instead of calibre's resource system.
- The maximum size for displayed covers. Default is '600x800'.
- The maximum number of matches to return per OPDS query. This affects Stanza, WordPlayer, etc. integration.
- Group items in categories such as author/tags by first letter when there are more than this number of items. Default: 100. Set to a large number to disable grouping.
- Prefix to prepend to all URLs. Useful for reverseproxying to this server from Apache/nginx/etc.
- Path to the library folder to serve with the content server
- Write process PID to the specified file
- Run process in background as a daemon. No effect on windows.
- Specifies a restriction to be used for this invocation. This option overrides any per-library settings specified in the GUI
- Auto reload server when source code changes. May not work in all environments.