SYNOPSIScddbcmd [-m mode] [-p proxyhost[:port]] [-h serverhost[:port]] [-c cgipath] [-l level] [-d] command ...
DESCRIPTIONThe cddbcmd utility is a simple shell command interface to the CDDB (CD database) server. CDDB protocol commands can be sent via cddbcmd. Output from CDDB protocol commands are stripped of the status code line and then displayed on standard output. Input to CDDB protocol commands are read from standard input. Both the CDDBP or HTTP mode of CDDB server connection styles are supported. In order to use this utility, your system must be connected to the Internet, and DNS (domain name service) must be functional.
OPTIONScddbcmd supports the following options:
- -m mode
- Specifies the mode of CDDB server connection. The mode must be either cddbp or http. The default is cddbp.
- -p proxyhost[:port]
- If a proxy server must be used, this option specifies the proxy server host to connect to. The optional port argument specifies the port number, The default is port 80. This option is meaningful only when used in http mode.
- -h serverhost[:port]
- Specifies the CDDB server host to connect to. The default is freedb.freedb.org The optional port argument specifies the port number, The default is port 888 for cddbp, and port 80 for http.
- -c cgipath
- If http mode is used, this option specifies the path to the CDDB server CGI program. The default is /~cddb/cddb.cgi
- -l level
- This specifies the CDDB protocol level to use. The default level is 3.
- Enable debugging diagnostics.
The CDDB server command string to send to the server. Here is a
non-exhaustive list of such commands:
motd sites stat log whom proto (cddbp only) help cddb lscat cddb query cddb read
Some of these commands require additional arguments. Please consult the CDDB Specifications for details about CDDB server commands. The specifications are available on the CDDB web site: http://www.cddb.com/
AUTHORTi Kan ([email protected])
AMB Research Laboratories, Sunnyvale, CA, U.S.A.
Comments, suggestions, and bug reports are always welcome.