- cl_int clRetainCommandQueue(cl_command_queue command_queue);
- Specifies the command-queue to retain.
clCreateCommandQueue(3clc) performs an implicit retain. This is very helpful for 3rd party libraries, which typically get a command-queue passed to them by the application. However, it is possible that the application may delete the command-queue without informing the library. Allowing functions to attach to (i.e. retain) and release a command-queue solves the problem of a command-queue being used by a library no longer being valid.
Returns CL_SUCCESS if the function executed successfully, or one of the errors below:
- • CL_INVALID_COMMAND_QUEUE if command_queue is not a valid command-queue.
- • CL_OUT_OF_RESOURCES if there is a failure to allocate resources required by the OpenCL implementation on the device.
- • CL_OUT_OF_HOST_MEMORY if there is a failure to allocate resources required by the OpenCL implementation on the host.
The Khronos Group
Copyright © 2007-2011 The Khronos Group Inc.
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and/or associated documentation files (the "Materials"), to deal in the Materials without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Materials, and to permit persons to whom the Materials are furnished to do so, subject to the condition that this copyright notice and permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Materials.
- page 62, section 5.1 - Command Queues