SYNOPSIScompiz [options] [plugins]
DESCRIPTIONcompiz is a compositing window-manager using OpenGL for rendering.
- --display DISPLAY
- Manage the display called DISPLAY instead of the name obtained from the $DISPLAY environment variable.
- --bg-image IMAGE
- Use IMAGE as background image.
- --refresh-rate RATE
- Set the default refresh rate.
- Use a fast texture filter.
- Force an indirect rendering context. Use this when running compiz on AIGLX.
- Disable strict binding of textures. This may improve performance in some situations (running on XGL). As opposed to strict binding, however, this isn't guaranteed to work. Use with care.
- Replace any existing window managers on the given X display.
- Disable the session management.
- --sm-client-id ID
- Use the given ID as the client ID for session management.
- Disable output screen detection.
- Disable the use of FBOs (frame buffer objects). This can be useful to work around drivers with broken FBO implementations.
- Do not use desktop hints (number of desktops, current desktop) as left by the previous window manager.
- Manage only the screen defined by $DISPLAY (or given by the --display option) and leave all other screens alone.
- Use the root window instead of the composite overlay window for drawing.
- Show the compiz version string.
Show a summary of the command-line options.
AUTHORcompiz was written by David Reveman <[email protected]> and others.
This manual page was written by Thierry Reding <[email protected]>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others).