SYNOPSIScups-genppdupdate [-h] [-n] [-N] [-q | -v] [-s ppd-directory] [-s output-directory] [PPD-FILES or QUEUES...]
DESCRIPTIONcups-genppdupdate regenerates the Gutenprint PPD files in use by CUPS, using the PPD files under /usr/share/cups/model/gutenprint as templates. The new PPD file replaces the old PPD file under /etc/cups/ppd, but all the options set in the old PPD will be merged into the new PPD, provided that they are still valid in the new file.
If no files or queue names are specified, cups-genppdupdate updates all Gutenprint PPD files in /etc/cups/ppd. Otherwise, cups-genppdupdate updates all files or queues listed on the command line.
cups-genppdupdate does not update Foomatic PPD files or PPD files from Gimp-Print 4.2 or earlier.
cups-genppdupdate does not restart cupsd. cupsd will need manually reloading (or send SIGHUP) once cups-genppdupdate has completed.
- Show a help message.
- No action. The program will run, but the old PPD files will not be replaced.
- Quiet mode. No messages will be issued, apart from errors.
- Verbose mode. More informative messages will be issued. Note that extremely verbose output may be turned on by setting $debug=1 in the source, but this output will not be of use to the average user.
- -s ppd-directory
- Use ppd-directory as the base directory to read PPD files from. By default, the base directory is /usr/share/cups/model/gutenprint. Under this directory, the PPD files are located in subdirectories according to language code and territory.
- -o output-directory
- Place updated PPD files in output-directory. By default, this is the same as the input directory.
- Reset all options to their defaults (do not merge options from the current PPD file)
COPYRIGHTCopyright © 2002-2006 Roger Leigh ([email protected]) and Robert Krawitz ([email protected])
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2, as published by the Free Software Foundation.
This manual page was written by Roger Leigh ([email protected]).