SYNOPSISdares -i image -s path [-h2i h2i_file] [-a] [-m] [-llogfile]
dares-qt [-i image] [-s path] [-h2i h2i_file] [-a] [-m] [-llogfile]
DESCRIPTIONDares scans a CD/DVD image or a CD/DVD and tries to find files. It does not depend on filesystem information, but instead uses the Magic library to identify files. Doing it this way Dares can recover files even when the filesystem (ISO-9660 or UDF) on the disc is damaged and cannot be mounted anymore.
Dares can use H2cdimage (ftp://ftp.heise.de/pub/ct/ctsi/h2cdimage.zip) files to rescue data from heavily damaged optical discs.
- CD/DVD image file or device.
- Directory where the rescued files shall be stored.
- Optional h2i file for the CD/DVD image.
- Store all found files without any user interaction.
- Use Mime types instead of a description. -l Logfile (default: dares.log)
AUTHORdares was written by Oliver Diedrich <[email protected]>.
This manual page was written by Michael Hanke <[email protected]>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others).