- struct device * device_create_with_groups(struct class * class, struct device * parent, dev_t devt, void * drvdata, const struct attribute_group ** groups, const char * fmt, ...);
- pointer to the struct class that this device should be registered to
- pointer to the parent struct device of this new device, if any
- the dev_t for the char device to be added
- the data to be added to the device for callbacks
- NULL-terminated list of attribute groups to be created
- string for the device's name
- variable arguments
This function can be used by char device classes. A struct device will be created in sysfs, registered to the specified class. Additional attributes specified in the groups parameter will also be created automatically.
A "dev" file will be created, showing the dev_t for the device, if the dev_t is not 0,0. If a pointer to a parent struct device is passed in, the newly created struct device will be a child of that device in sysfs. The pointer to the struct device will be returned from the call. Any further sysfs files that might be required can be created using this pointer.
Returns struct device pointer on success, or ERR_PTR on error.
the struct class passed to this function must have previously been created with a call to class_create.