SYNOPSISfaxq-helper <command> [<options>]
DESCRIPTIONfaxq-helper is part of the internal workings of faxspool(1).
These days, it's owned by the user ``uucp'', and only this user can write to it. To be able to put jobs there, faxspool(1) calls faxq-helper for very clearly defined purposes:
- make a new queue directory
- put a new fax G3 file into this queue directory
- put a JOB file into this queue directory, and activate the fax job
- remove a fax job from the queue (to be used by faxrm and in case of errors)
- re-queue a job that has been suspended due to repeated failures (faxq -r)
To achieve this, faxq-helper is installed set-user-id uucp. If you remove the suid bit, or chown the fax queue directory to a different user, it will stop working.
RETURN VALUESfaxq-helper has the following exit() values:
everything went fine
invalid JOB ID specified on the command line
some problem with the directory setup of the outgoing queue dir,
/var/spool/fax/outgoing (it will print a detailed error message)
some problems with the user ID setup of the ``uucp'' user (it will
print a detailed error message)
failure to process the specified command (it will print a detailed
AUTHORfaxq-helper is Copyright (C) 2004-2006 by Gert Doering, <[email protected]>.