SYNOPSISfondu [-force] [-inquire] [-show] [-latin1] [-afm] [-trackps] macfile...
DESCRIPTIONThe program fondu reads a series of Macintosh font files, checks their resource forks, and extracts all font related items into separate files.
Input files may be either macbinary files (.bin), binhex files (.hqx), bare Macintosh resource forks, or data fork resource files (.dfont, as used by MacOS X). A bare resource fork may be generated easily be copying a file with a resource fork onto a diskette (or zip drive) using DOS format. The Macintosh will create a folder called resource.frk (invisible on the Macintosh itself), in which the resource fork will reside as a bare file.
The command line should end with a list of one or more Macintosh font files, macfile...; these files should be macbinary (.bin), binhex(.hqx), or bare resource fork files.
- Force overwriting of the original file.
- Prompt for input before overwriting files. This overrides -force.
- Print out each file as it is created.
- Recode any macintosh bitmap fonts (NFNTs) from the macintosh roman encoding to latin1.
- If the macfiles argument mentions a file containing a FOND, and that FOND mentions external PostScript resource files, then attempt to open those PostScript files as well as processing the original file.
- For any macfile which contains a FOND and points to at least one PostScript resource file create an Adobe Font Metrics (afm) file. Fondu will merge width and bounding box information from the PostScript files, and kerning data from the FOND.