SYNOPSISgcap [-i] [-t] [-r <regexp>] [--proxy=<addr> | --no-proxy]
[--help] <url> | <video_id>
DESCRIPTIONgcap is a command line tool for downloading Youtube closed captions. The downloaded closed captions are saved in SubRip (srt) file format. The srt files are saved as ``$videoid_$langid.srt'' by default.
- Print help and exit.
- Print version and exit.
- -q, --quiet
- Be quiet.
- -i, --interactive
- Open the interactive prompt which can be used to select the items. gcap selects all items by default. See also ``INTERACTIVE PROMPT''.
- -t, --title
- Parse video title and use it in the output filename(s) instead of video ID. The default is no.
- -r, --regexp=arg
- Cleanup video title using the specified arg regular expression. The default is ``/(\w|\s)/g''.
- --proxy arg
- Use arg for HTTP proxy, e.g. ``http://foo:1234''. Overrides the http_proxy environment setting.
- Disable use of HTTP proxy. Overrides both "--proxy" and http_proxy environment settings.
INTERACTIVE PROMPTUse the "--interactive" switch to open the prompt. Note that gcap uses (as of 0.1.0) the Umph::Prompt module for this. Once the prompt opens, type ``help'' to get a list of commands available to the prompt.
- gcap 0QRO3gKj3qw
- gcap "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QRO3gKj3qw"
- Both yield the same results.
- gcap -ti 0QRO3gKj3qw
- Same as above two but use video title in the filename and choose which of the closed captions should be downloaded.
EXIT STATUSExits 0 on success, otherwise 1.
- $HOME/.gcaprc, for example:
- echo ``--interactive'' >> ~/.gcaprc
The following error message produced by gcap (or the XML::DOM module)
typically indicates that the video does not have any closed captions
available for it (URL omitted for brewity):
Couldn't parsefile [...] with LWP: no element found at line 1, column 0, byte -1 at [...]/XML/Parser.pm [...]
gcap depends on XML::DOM which uses LWP::UserAgent to download
the data. Note that LWP::UserAgent reads http_proxy environment
env http_proxy=http://foo:1234 gcap video_id
AUTHORToni Gundogdu <legatvs at sign cpan org>