- gdef [option...] input-file
- gdef [option...] -extract database
DESCRIPTIONgdef composes a program that creates a Firebird database given a source database or a special definition file.
It is rarely used outside of the Firebird build process.
- -extract database
- Extract definition from an existing database.
- Use statements replacing any existing database instead of just creating a new one.
- Generate dynamic DDL
- Generate C source.
- Generate FORTARN source.
- Generate Pascal source.
- Generate COBOL source.
- Generate ANSI COBOL source.
- Generate ADA source.
- Generate C++ source.
- -user name
- Firebird user name to use for connecting.
- -password string
- Password to use for connecting.
- -fetch_password file
- Fetch password from a file.
- Print gdef version number.
AUTHOR & COPYRIGHTCopyright (C) Damyan Ivanov, 2009.
This manpage was written by Damyan Ivanov for the Debian project but may be used by others. Permission is granted to use this document, with or without modifications, provided that this notice is retained. If we meet some day, and you think this stuff is worth it, you can buy me a beer in return.