SYNOPSISgspl-getsnmp [ -options ] variable
DESCRIPTIONgspl-getsnmp obtains the value of an SNMP field from a network-enabled printer and displays it on standard output.
It is mostly intended to probe for the type and options on printers during installation.
- -h hostname
- specifies the host name or IP address of the printer. This option must always be given.
- -H hostname
- specifies the host name or IP address of the sending system in cases where this has to be given.
- -p portnum
- specifies the port number or service name to be used. If this is not specified, snmp is used.
- -C community
- specifies the community name to be used if not public.
- -T sec
- specifies the timeout waiting for responses, if not 1.0. This may be a floating-point number to specify fractions of a second.
- -f configname
- specifies the configuration file from which names of macros for parts of variable names can be obtained. (The corresponding file for xtlhp(8) can be used).
- causes the variable name to be prefixed to the result with an equals sign.
- if the variable name cannot be found, finds the next variable in lower leaves of the tree which can be found.
- -d n
- where n is 0 to 4, specifies increasing amounts of debugging information. 4 will display the parsed SNMP packets.
NOTESThis is mainly intended for getting information about printers.
COPYRIGHTCopyright (c) 2009 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software. You may redistribute copies of it under the terms of the GNU General Public License <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
AUTHORJohn M Collins, Xi Software Ltd.