hex2bdf < input-font.hex > output-font.bdf
DESCRIPTIONhex2bdf reads a sorted GNU Unifont .hex file (sorted with the Unix sort utility) from STDIN and writes a BDF version of the font to STDOUT.
- -f "font-name"
- Specify the target font name. If omitted, the default font name "Unifont" is assigned.
- -v "font-version"
- Specify the target font version. If omitted, the default version "1.0" is assigned.
- -c "font-copyright"
- Specify the target font copyright information. The default is the null string.
- -r <pixel-rows>
- Specify how many pixel rows tall a glyph is. The default is the traditional Unifont 16 rows of pixels. This is an addition to support unihex2png(1) and unipng2hex(1), which allow designing glyphs that are 16, 24, or 32 pixel rows tall.
- hex2bdf -f "Unifont" -c "(C) 2013..." unifont.hex > unifont.bdf
FILES*.hex GNU Unifont font files
AUTHORhex2bdf was written by Roman Czyborra.
LICENSEhex2bdf is Copyright © 1998 Roman Czyborra.
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
BUGSNo known bugs exist. Support for glyph heights other than 16 pixels is brand new and has not been extensively tested.