httpfs2 [OPTIONS] URL FUSE-OPTIONS httpfs2_ssl [OPTIONS] URL FUSE-OPTIONS
httpfs2 is a FUSE based filesystem for mounting http or https URLS as files in the filesystem. There is no notion of listable directories in http so only a single URL can be mounted. The server must be able to send byte ranges.
- Attempt to use the file ior device console for output after fork. The default is /dev/console.
- Do not fork, stay in foreground.
- Use different timeout for connections. Default '30's.
The url should specify the protocol as http or https, and it may specify basic authentication username and password. Currently special characters like whitespace are not handled so the URL cannot contain them. See a sample URL below:
- These options are passed to the FUSE library. At the very least the mount point should be specified.
- Successfully connected to the server
- Failure (url parsing error, server error, FUSE setup error). Some FUSE errors may happen only after the process forks so they will not be returned in exit value.
The process can be stopped by typing ^Z on the terminal which may not be desirable under some circumstances.
Free use of this software is granted under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL).