SYNOPSIShvmgr create [-qdbm bnum dnum ] [-s] name
hvmgr store [-qdbm] [-kx] [-vx|-vf] [-insert] name key val
hvmgr delete [-qdbm] [-kx] name key
hvmgr fetch [-qdbm] [-kx] [-ox] [-n] name key
hvmgr list [-qdbm] [-ox] name
hvmgr optimize [-qdbm] name
DESCRIPTIONThis manual page documents briefly the hvmgr commands.
hvmgr is a utility for debugging Hovel and its applications. It features editing and checking of a database. It can be used for database applications with shell scripts. This command is used in the above format. name specifies a database name. key specifies the key of a record. val specifies the value of a record.
OPTIONSA summary of options is included below. For a complete description, see the file:///usr/share/doc/qdbm-doc/spex.html#hovelcli.
- -qdbm [bnum dnum]
- use `gdbm_open2' to open the database. bnum specifies the number of the elements of the bucket array. dnum specifies the number of division of the database.
- make the file sparse.
- treat key as a binary expression of hexadecimal notation.
- treat val as a binary expression of hexadecimal notation.
- read the value from a file specified with val.
- specify the storing mode for `GDBM_INSERT'.
- treat the output as a binary expression of hexadecimal notation.
- do not output the trailing newline.