int lfc_chmod (const char *path, mode_t mode)
DESCRIPTIONlfc_chmod sets the access permission portion of the mode of a LFC directory/file in the name server to the bit pattern in mode.
- specifies the logical pathname relative to the current LFC directory or the full LFC pathname.
is constructed by OR'ing the bits defined in
under Unix or "statbits.h" under Windows/NT:
set user ID on execution
S_ISGID 0002000 set group ID on execution
S_ISVTX 0001000 sticky bit
S_IRUSR 0000400 read by owner
S_IWUSR 0000200 write by owner
S_IXUSR 0000100 execute/search by owner
S_IRGRP 0000040 read by group
S_IWGRP 0000020 write by group
S_IXGRP 0000010 execute/search by group
S_IROTH 0000004 read by others
S_IWOTH 0000002 write by others
S_IXOTH 0000001 execute/search by others
The effective user ID of the process must match the owner of the file or the caller must have ADMIN privilege in the Cupv database. If a directory is writable and has the sticky bit set, files/directories within that directory can be removed or renamed only if:
the effective user ID of the requestor matches the owner ID of the file or
the effective user ID of the requestor matches the owner ID of the directory or
the file is writable by the requestor or
the requestor has ADMIN privilege in the Cupv database.
- S_ISUID 0004000 set user ID on execution
RETURN VALUEThis routine returns 0 if the operation was successful or -1 if the operation failed. In the latter case, serrno is set appropriately.
- The effective user ID does not match the owner of the file and the caller does not have ADMIN privilege in the Cupv database.
- The named file/directory does not exist or is a null pathname.
- Search permission is denied on a component of the path prefix.
- path is a NULL pointer.
- A component of path prefix is not a directory.
- The length of path exceeds CA_MAXPATHLEN or the length of a path component exceeds CA_MAXNAMELEN.
- Host unknown.
- Service unknown.
- Communication error.
- Name server is not running or is being shutdown.
AUTHORLCG Grid Deployment Team