DESCRIPTIONThe structure of this (GNU) makefile AST is designed based on GNU make's data base listing output produced by "--print-data-base".
This AST library provides the following classes:
- The primary class for ASTs. Provides interface for node adding and querying, such as "add_implicit_rule", "apply_implicit_rules", "add_explicit_rule", "apply_explicit_rules", "add_var", "add_auto_var", "get_var", as well as lots of other utility functions, like method "eval_var_value" for computing the ultimate values of makefile variables, method "enter_pad" and "leave_pad" for local variable's scoping pad.
- This is the base class for the rule nodes in the AST. It has properties like "normal_prereqs", "order_prereqs", "commands", and "colon".
- This class represents the de-sugared form of simple rules and implicite rules after application. It inherits from Makefile::AST::Rule::Base, and adds new properties "target" and "other_targets".
- This class represents the implicit rule nodes in the AST. It inherits from Makefile::AST::Rule::Base, and adds new properties "targets", "match_anything", and "is_terminal".
- This class encapsulates the file pattern matching (file names containing "%") and stem substitution algorithms.
- It represents the makefile variable nodes in the AST, including "name", "value", "flavor", and "origin".
- Used to encapsulate information regarding makefile rule commands (e.g. command body, command modifiers "@", "-", "+", and etc.) as a whole.
LIMITATIONS AND TODOAdding support for other flavors' makes into this AST library should make a huge amount of sense. The most interesting candiate is Microsoft's NMAKE.
CODE REPOSITORYFor the very latest version of this script, check out the source from
There is anonymous access to all.
AUTHORZhang ``agentzh'' Yichun "<[email protected]>"
COPYRIGHT AND LICENSECopyright (c) 2007-2008 by Zhang ``agentzh'' Yichun (agentzh).
This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself.