mfschunkserver [-f] [-c CFGFILE] [-u] [-d] [-t LOCKTIMEOUT] [ACTION]
mfschunkserver -s [-c CFGFILE]
mfschunkserver is the data server of Lizard File System. Depending on parameters it can start, restart or stop LizardFS chunkserver process. Without any options it starts LizardFS chunkserver, killing previously run process if lock file exists.
SIGHUP (or reload ACTION) forces mfschunkserver to reload all configuration files.
Chunkserver periodically tests stored chunks (see HDD_TEST_FREQ option in mfschunkserver.cfg manual).
LizardFS master doesn't send metadata change logs to chunkserver and expect at least one mfsmetalogger daemon to connect.
Chunkserver scans attached disks in background.
- print version information and exit
- print usage information and exit
- (deprecated, use start action instead) forcily run LizardFS chunkserver process, without trying to kill previous instance (this option allows to run LizardFS chunkserver if stale PID file exists)
- (deprecated, use stop action instead) stop LizardFS chunkserver process
- specify alternative path of configuration file (default is mfschunkserver.cfg in system configuration directory)
- log undefined configuration values (when default is assumed)
- run in foreground, don't daemonize
- how long to wait for lockfile (default is 60 seconds)
ACTION is the one of start, stop, restart, reload, test, isalive or kill. Default action is restart.
- configuration file for LizardFS chunkserver process; refer to mfschunkserver.cfg(5) manual for defails
- list of directories (mountpoints) used for LizardFS storage (one per line; directory prefixed by * character causes given directory to be freed by replicating all data already stored there to another locations)
- PID file of running LizardFS chunkserver process
- lock file of running LizardFS chunkserver process (created in data directory)
- Chunkserver charts state
Report bugs to <[email protected]>.
Copyright 2008-2009 Gemius SA, 2013-2015 Skytechnology sp. z o.o.
LizardFS is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, version 3.
LizardFS is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with LizardFS. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.