- SUBROUTINE PDTRTI2(
- UPLO, DIAG, N, A, IA, JA, DESCA, INFO )
- CHARACTER DIAG, UPLO
- INTEGER IA, INFO, JA, N
- INTEGER DESCA( * )
- DOUBLE PRECISION A( * )
PURPOSEPDTRTI2 computes the inverse of a real upper or lower triangular block matrix sub( A ) = A(IA:IA+N-1,JA:JA+N-1). This matrix should be contained in one and only one process memory space (local operation).
Each global data object is described by an associated description
vector. This vector stores the information required to establish
the mapping between an object element and its corresponding process
and memory location.
Let A be a generic term for any 2D block cyclicly distributed array.
Such a global array has an associated description vector DESCA.
In the following comments, the character _ should be read as
"of the global array".
NOTATION STORED IN EXPLANATION
--------------- -------------- -------------------------------------- DTYPE_A(global) DESCA( DTYPE_ )The descriptor type. In this case,
DTYPE_A = 1.
CTXT_A (global) DESCA( CTXT_ ) The BLACS context handle, indicating
the BLACS process grid A is distribu-
ted over. The context itself is glo-
bal, but the handle (the integer
value) may vary.
M_A (global) DESCA( M_ ) The number of rows in the global
N_A (global) DESCA( N_ ) The number of columns in the global
MB_A (global) DESCA( MB_ ) The blocking factor used to distribute
the rows of the array.
NB_A (global) DESCA( NB_ ) The blocking factor used to distribute
the columns of the array.
RSRC_A (global) DESCA( RSRC_ ) The process row over which the first
row of the array A is distributed. CSRC_A (global) DESCA( CSRC_ ) The process column over which the
first column of the array A is
LLD_A (local) DESCA( LLD_ ) The leading dimension of the local
array. LLD_A >= MAX(1,LOCr(M_A)).
Let K be the number of rows or columns of a distributed matrix,
and assume that its process grid has dimension p x q.
LOCr( K ) denotes the number of elements of K that a process would receive if K were distributed over the p processes of its process column.
Similarly, LOCc( K ) denotes the number of elements of K that a process would receive if K were distributed over the q processes of its process row.
The values of LOCr() and LOCc() may be determined via a call to the ScaLAPACK tool function, NUMROC:
LOCr( M ) = NUMROC( M, MB_A, MYROW, RSRC_A, NPROW ),
LOCc( N ) = NUMROC( N, NB_A, MYCOL, CSRC_A, NPCOL ). An upper bound for these quantities may be computed by:
LOCr( M ) <= ceil( ceil(M/MB_A)/NPROW )*MB_A
LOCc( N ) <= ceil( ceil(N/NB_A)/NPCOL )*NB_A
- UPLO (global input) CHARACTER*1
= 'U': sub( A ) is upper triangular;
= 'L': sub( A ) is lower triangular.
- DIAG (global input) CHARACTER*1
= 'N': sub( A ) is non-unit triangular
= 'U': sub( A ) is unit triangular
- N (global input) INTEGER
- The number of rows and columns to be operated on, i.e. the order of the distributed submatrix sub( A ). N >= 0.
- A (local input/local output) DOUBLE PRECISION pointer into the
- local memory to an array of dimension (LLD_A,LOCc(JA+N-1)), this array contains the local pieces of the triangular matrix sub( A ). If UPLO = 'U', the leading N-by-N upper triangular part of the matrix sub( A ) contains the upper triangular matrix, and the strictly lower triangular part of sub( A ) is not referenced. If UPLO = 'L', the leading N-by-N lower triangular part of the matrix sub( A ) contains the lower triangular matrix, and the strictly upper triangular part of sub( A ) is not referenced. If DIAG = 'U', the diagonal elements of sub( A ) are also not referenced and are assumed to be 1. On exit, the (triangular) inverse of the original matrix, in the same storage format.
- IA (global input) INTEGER
- The row index in the global array A indicating the first row of sub( A ).
- JA (global input) INTEGER
- The column index in the global array A indicating the first column of sub( A ).
- DESCA (global and local input) INTEGER array of dimension DLEN_.
- The array descriptor for the distributed matrix A.
- INFO (local output) INTEGER
= 0: successful exit
< 0: If the i-th argument is an array and the j-entry had an illegal value, then INFO = -(i*100+j), if the i-th argument is a scalar and had an illegal value, then INFO = -i.