SYNOPSISplaympeg [options] file ...
DESCRIPTIONplaympeg is an MPEG audio and video player that uses the SDL MPEG Player Library. It can play back MPEG audio (layer 1, 2 and 3), MPEG video (MPEG-1) and MPEG system (audio and video combined) files. MPEG-2 video files (as found on DVDs) are not supported.
The video player works best on a 16 bit color depth X11 display, it works on other color depths with reduced speed as well. You'll need a CPU with 300 MHz or more to play back an MPEG system stream with 25 frames per seconds (fps) at full speed.
- Show short usage information
- Don't play the audio stream (if available)
- Don't play the video stream (if available)
- Play the MPEG video stream in fullscreen mode (this requires root privileges or a setuid plaympeg binary)
- -2, --double
- Play the MPEG video stream at double size
- -l, --loop
- Play the stream (audio or video) over and over again
- -v N, --volume N
- Set the volume of the audio stream to N% (N in the range of 0 to 100)
- -s S, --scale S
- Play the MPEG video stream at S size
AUTHORThe SDL MPEG Player Library was written by Karl Robillard and Sam Lantinga of Loki Entertainment Software. Please report any bugs and/or fixes to [email protected]
This manual page was written by Stefan Gybas <[email protected]> for the Debian GNU/Linux system, but may be used elsewhere under the GPL.