SYNOPSISppdc [ -D name[=value] ] [ -I include-directory ] [ -c message-catalog ] [ -d output-directory ] [ -l language(s) ] [ -m ] [ -t ] [ -v ] [ -z ] [ --cr ] [ --crlf ] [ --lf ] source-file
DESCRIPTIONppdc compiles PPDC source files into one or more PPD files. This program is deprecated and will be removed in a future release of CUPS.
OPTIONSppdc supports the following options:
- -D name[=value]
- Sets the named variable for use in the source file. It is equivalent to using the #define directive in the source file.
- -I include-directory
- Specifies an alternate include directory. Multiple -I options can be supplied to add additional directories.
- -c message-catalog
- Specifies a single message catalog file in GNU gettext (filename.po) or Apple strings (filename.strings) format to be used for localization.
- -d output-directory
- Specifies the output directory for PPD files. The default output directory is "ppd".
- -l language(s)
- Specifies one or more languages to use when localizing the PPD file(s). The default language is "en" (English). Separate multiple languages with commas, for example "de_DE,en_UK,es_ES,es_MX,es_US,fr_CA,fr_FR,it_IT" will create PPD files with German, UK English, Spanish (Spain, Mexico, and US), French (France and Canada), and Italian languages in each file.
- Specifies that the output filename should be based on the ModelName value instead of FileName or PCFilenName.
- Specifies that PPD files should be tested instead of generated.
- Specifies verbose output, basically a running status of which files are being loaded or written. -z Generates compressed PPD files (filename.ppd.gz). The default is to generate uncompressed PPD files.
- Specifies the line ending to use - carriage return, carriage return and line feed, or line feed alone. The default is to use the line feed character alone.
COPYRIGHTCopyright © 2007-2015 by Apple Inc.