SYNOPSISpstoepsi [-gs|-news] [-strip] [-2x] [-noprev] [-debug] file.ps file.epsi
DESCRIPTIONpstoepsi will convert an arbitrary PostScript image to an encapsulated PostScript image with a bitmap, suitable for incorporation into FrameMaker, LaTeX, troff, etc.
Note in the USAGE line, the source PostScript file must end in a .ps extention. This is a GhostScript requirement, not mine...
This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program does not have a manual page.
- Use ghostscript to convert to EPSI.
- Use Sun's X/NeWS (OpenWindows) to convert to EPSI.
- Strip all %% directives from the source file -- useful when dealing with Adobe Illustrator and others who use directives incompatible with this convention.
- Use 2X resolution.
- Do not include the preview bitmap.
- Print debugging information.