SYNOPSISSET ADD SEQUENCE (options);
DESCRIPTIONAdd an existing user sequence to a replication set. The set cannot currently be subscribed by any other node - that functionality is supported by the SLONIK MERGE SET(7) command.
- SET ID = ival
- ID of the set to which the sequence is to be added.
- ORIGIN = ival
- Origin node for the set. (optional)
- ID = ival
Unique ID of the sequence.
Note that this ID needs to be unique across sequences throughout the cluster; the numbering of tables is separate, so you might have a table with ID 20 and a sequence with ID 20, and they would be recognized as separate.
This parameter is optional. If this parameter is omitted then slonik will check every node that it can connect to and find the highest table id being used across all nodes.
- FULLY QUALIFIED NAME = 'string'
- The full sequence name including schema name. If SEQUENCES is specified then FULLY QUALIFIED NAME should be omitted.
- SEQUENCES = 'string'
- A POSIX regular expression that matches to the sequences that should be added to the replication set. This regular expression is passed to postgresql for evaluation on the set origin against fully qualified sequence names. This parameter is optional. If FULLY QUALIFIED NAME is omitted then SEQUENCES must be specified.
- COMMENT = 'string'
- A descriptive text added to the sequence entry.
This uses "schemadocsetaddsequence(p_seq_comment integer, p_fqname integer, p_seq_id text, p_set_id text)" [not available as a man page].
SET ADD SEQUENCE ( SET ID = 1, ORIGIN = 1, ID = 20, FULLY QUALIFIED NAME = 'public.tracker_ticket_id_seq', COMMENT = 'Support ticket ID sequence' ); or SET ADD SEQUENCE( SET ID=1, SEQUENCES='public.tracker_ticket_id_seq' );
LOCKING BEHAVIOURNo application-visible locking should take place.
SLONIK EVENT CONFIRMATION BEHAVIOURSlonik waits for the command submitted to the previous event node to be confirmed on the specified event node before submitting this command.
VERSION INFORMATIONThis command was introduced in Slony-I 1.0