NoteThis manpage has been automatically generated from fdutils's texinfo documentation. However, this process is only approximative, and some items, such as cross-references, footnotes and indices are lost in this translation process. Indeed, these items have no appropriate representation in the manpage format. Moreover, only the items specific to each command have been translated, and the general information about fdutils has been dropped in the manpage version. Thus I strongly advise you to use the original texinfo doc.
To generate a printable copy from the texinfo doc, run the following
./configure; make dvi; dvips fdutils.dvi
To generate a HTML copy, run:
./configure; make html
A pre-made HTML can be found at: ∞http://www.tux.org/pub/knaff/fdutilsIntegral
To generate an info copy (browsable using emacs' info mode), run:
./configure; make info
The texinfo doc looks most pretty when printed or as HTML. Indeed, in the info version certain examples are difficult to read due to the quoting conventions used in info.
setfdprm [-p] device media-description setfdprm [-c | -y | -n] device
setfdprm is a utility that can be used to load disk parameters into the auto-detecting floppy devices and "fixed parameter" floppy devices, to clear old parameter sets and to disable or enable diagnostic messages. These parameters are derived from a media-description, see section Media description for more details.
Without any options, setfdprm loads the device (for example ∞/dev/fd0Integral or ∞/dev/fd1Integral) with a new parameter set with the name entry found in ∞/etc/mediaprmIntegral (usually named 360/360, etc.). For autodetecting floppy devices, these parameters stay in effect until the media is changed. For "fixed parameter" devices, they stay in effect until they are changed again.
Setfdprm can also be used by the superuser to redefine the default formats.
- -p device name
- Permanently loads a new parameter set for the specified auto-configuring floppy device for the configuration with name in ∞/etc/mediaprmIntegral. Alternatively, the parameters can be given directly from the command line.
- -c device
- Clears the parameter set of the specified auto-configuring floppy device.
- -y device
- Enables format detection messages for the specified auto-configuring floppy device.
- -n device
- Disables format detection messages for the specified auto-configuring floppy device.
Media descriptionPlease see the Media description section in the full fdutils documentation:
- - Texinfo documentation (info fdutils)
- - HTML documentation in /usr/share/doc/fdutils/Fdutils.html
- - or DVI documentation in /usr/share/doc/fdutils/Fdutils.dvi.gz
See AlsoFdutils' texinfo doc