DESCRIPTIONsimple-tpm-pk11 Is a PKCS11 provider for TPM chips. Its primary purpose is to protect SSH client keys so that they can't be copied or stolen if the machine they're on gets compromised.
OPTIONSSince PKCS11 modules are .so files loaded by other binaries, they don't take command line options. Instead simple-tpm-pk11 options can be set up environment variables.
- If set, enables debug level logging.
- Override default config location. Default is ~/.simple-tpm-pk11/config.
If set, copies all log output to STDERR.
CONFIGURATION FILEConfiguration options are of the key/value variety, with comments lines starting with "#".
- key key file
- Full path to key file, or relative to ~/.simple-tpm-pk11. This the only required configuration option.
- Enable debug level logging.
- srk_pin PIN
- Set SRK PIN. Default is the Well Known Secret (20 nulls).
- key_pin PIN
- Set key PIN.
- log log file
Full path to log file, or relative to ~/.simple-tpm-pk11.
# Load key from ~/.simple-tpm-pk11/my.key. key my.key # Load key from /keys/foo/my.key, and the empty string as SRK PIN. key /keys/foo/my.key srk_pin
DIAGNOSTICSMost errors will probably be related to interacting with the TPM chip. Resetting the TPM chip and taking ownership should take care of most of them. See the TPM-TROUBLESHOOTING section.
BUGSThe password is read from stdin without turning off echo. It should be read from the terminal without echo.
AUTHORSimple-TPM-PK11 was written By Thomas Habets <[email protected]> / <[email protected]>.