- SUBROUTINE SLAED6(
- KNITER, ORGATI, RHO, D, Z, FINIT, TAU, INFO )
- LOGICAL ORGATI
- INTEGER INFO, KNITER
- REAL FINIT, RHO, TAU
- REAL D( 3 ), Z( 3 )
PURPOSESLAED6 computes the positive or negative root (closest to the origin) of
z(1) z(2) z(3) f(x) = rho + --------- + ---------- + ---------
d(1)-x d(2)-x d(3)-x
otherwise it is between d(1) and d(2)
This routine will be called by SLAED4 when necessary. In most cases, the root sought is the smallest in magnitude, though it might not be in some extremely rare situations.
- KNITER (input) INTEGER
- Refer to SLAED4 for its significance.
- ORGATI (input) LOGICAL
- If ORGATI is true, the needed root is between d(2) and d(3); otherwise it is between d(1) and d(2). See SLAED4 for further details.
- RHO (input) REAL
- Refer to the equation f(x) above.
- D (input) REAL array, dimension (3)
- D satisfies d(1) < d(2) < d(3).
- Z (input) REAL array, dimension (3)
- Each of the elements in z must be positive.
- FINIT (input) REAL
- The value of f at 0. It is more accurate than the one evaluated inside this routine (if someone wants to do so).
- TAU (output) REAL
- The root of the equation f(x).
- INFO (output) INTEGER
= 0: successful exit
> 0: if INFO = 1, failure to converge
FURTHER DETAILS30/06/99: Based on contributions by
Ren-Cang Li, Computer Science Division, University of California
at Berkeley, USA
10/02/03: This version has a few statements commented out for thread safety
(machine parameters are computed on each entry). SJH.
05/10/06: Modified from a new version of Ren-Cang Li, use
Gragg-Thornton-Warner cubic convergent scheme for better stability.