SYNOPSISspflooder [-u connection_name] [-s spread_address] [-m num_messages] [-b bytes_per_message] [-ro] [-wo]
DESCRIPTIONspflooder is a Spread client program that can flood messages and measure the time required to send a certain number of messages. This can be used to test the performance of Spread and the machines it runs on. By default it trys to connect to a Spread daemon running on port 4803 of the local machine.
- -u connection_name
- The name this connection to the daemon will use to uniquely identify itself.
- -s spread address
- The port number, or port number and host to which the spuser program should connect in order to reach a Spread daemon.
- -m num messages
- The number of messages to flood.
- -b num bytes
- The size of each message to send in bytes.
- This flooder process will only receive messages sent by other flooders. It will not send any messages.
- This flooder process will only send messages to other flooders. It will not receive any messages.
BUGSSome limitations on message size and number of groups are hardcoded into spflooder. Some changes to the code may be necessary to get maximum performance in large Spread configuarations.
AUTHORYair Amir <[email protected]>
Jonathan Stanton <[email protected]>
Spflooder is Copyright 1998-2001 Spread Concepts, LLC.