spring-multithreaded [-f|--fullscreen] [-w|--window] [-x|--xresolution SIZE] [-y|--yresolution SIZE] [-m|--minimise] [--safemode] [[-c|--client] | [-s|--server]] [-p|--projectiledump] [-t|--textureatlas] [-i|--isolation] [--isolation-dir PATH] [-n|--name STRING] [-C|--config FILE] [SCRIPT]
Spring is a free Real Time Strategy (RTS) game engine, originally designed to play Total Annihilation (© 1997 Cavedog) content. It has since evolved into a general RTS engine, capable of running various kind of games (mods).
It is mainly designed around online multiplayer games but can also be played in single-player mode against AIs.
This is the engine version which runs graphics and simulation in two separate threads. This may boost performance on multi-core systems.
- Print the options help message and exit
- Display program version and exit
- Display program sync version (for online gaming) and exit
- Run in fullscreen mode
- Run in windowed mode
- Set X resolution
- Set Y resolution
- Start minimised
- Turns off many things that are known to cause problems (i.e. on PC/Mac's with lower-end graphic cards)
- Run as a server
- Run as a client
- Dump projectile class info (alias CEG classes) into projectiles.txt
- Dump each finalised textureatlas into textureatlasN.tga
- Limit the data-dir (games & maps) scanner to one directory (see --isolation-dir and the SPRING_ISOLATED env var)
- Specify the isolation-mode data-dir (see --isolation and the SPRING_ISOLATED env var)
- Set your player name
- Configuration file
- Dump a list of available AI Interfaces to STDOUT
- Dump a list of available Skirmish AIs to STDOUT
- Dump all default config vars in JSON-format to STDOUT
Data directories are searched for content, and among other things, may contain: *cache *games *maps *AI
When running the engine, it may use multiple data directories, but it will use only a single one of them as writable, to write cache & log files to.
The default data-directory (see section DATA DIR).
Contains the users settings for the engine, for things like graphic and sound.
Contains the : separated paths to additional data-dirs (see section DATA DIR).
SPRING_LOG_SECTIONS Selective functionality to change the verbosity (separated by ,).
SPRING_DATADIR Adds additional directories Spring will search for files (separated by :).
SPRING_ISOLATED If defined, Spring will stop searching files outside of the binaries directory. If it is set to a valid directory path, it will be used as the isolation directory. See the --isolation and the --isolation-dir options.
More information about Spring can be found at link: m[blue]http://springrts.comm
Spring was written by the Spring developers.
This manual page was written by Marco Amadori <m[blue][email protected]m>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others).