[-s server_host] [-p server_port] [-l local_port]
[-k password] [-m encrypt_method] [-f pid_file]
[-t timeout] [-c config_file] [-i interface]
[-a user_name] [-d addr] [-n nofile]
[--fast-open] [--acl acl_config]
DESCRIPTIONShadowsocks-libev is a lightweight and secure socks5 proxy. It is a port of the original shadowsocks created by clowwindy. Shadowsocks-libev is written in pure C and takes advantage of libev to achieve both high performance and low resource consumption.
- -s server_host
- Set the server's hostname or IP.
- -p server_port
- Set the server's port number.
- -k password
- Set the password. The server and the client should use the same password.
- -m encrypt_method
Set the cipher.
Shadowsocks-libev accepts 18 different ciphers: table, rc4, rc4-md5, aes-128-cfb, aes-192-cfb, aes-256-cfb, bf-cfb, camellia-128-cfb, camellia-192-cfb, camellia-256-cfb, cast5-cfb, des-cfb, idea-cfb, rc2-cfb, seed-cfb, salsa20, chacha20 and chacha20-ietf. The default cipher is table.
If built with PolarSSL or custom OpenSSL libraries, some of these ciphers may not work.
- -a user_name
- Run as a specific user.
- -f pid_file
- Start shadowsocks as a daemon with specific pid file.
- -t timeout
- Set the socket timeout in seconds. The default value is 60.
- -c config_file
- Use a configuration file.
- -n number
Specify max number of open files.
Only available on Linux.
- -i interface
Send traffic through specific network interface.
For example, there are three interfaces in your device, which is lo (127.0.0.1), eth0 (192.168.0.1) and eth1 (192.168.0.2). Meanwhile, you configure ss-server to listen on 0.0.0.0:8388 and bind to eth1. That results the traffic go out through eth1, but not lo nor eth0. This option is useful to control traffic in multi-interface environment.
- -b local_address
- Specify local address to bind.
- Enable UDP relay.
- Enable UDP relay and disable TCP relay.
- Enable onetime authentication.
- Resovle hostname to IPv6 address first.
- Enable white list mode (when ACL enabled).
- -d addr
- Setup name servers for internal DNS resolver (libudns). The default server is fetched from /etc/resolv.conf.
Enable TCP fast open.
Only available with Linux kernel > 3.7.0.
- --acl acl_config
- Enable ACL (Access Control List) and specify config file.
- --manager-address path_to_unix_domain
Specify UNIX domain socket address for the communication between ss-manager(1) and
Only available in server and manager mode.
- Enable verbose mode.
- -h, --help
Print help message.
EXAMPLEIt is recommended to use a config file when starting ss-server(1).
The config file is written in JSON and is easy to edit. Check out the SEE ALSO section for the default path of config file.
# Start the ss-server
ss-server -c /etc/shadowsocks-libev/config.json
BUGSThe config file of shadowsocks-libev(8) is slightly different from original shadowsocks. In order to listen to both IPv4/IPv6 address, use the following grammar in your config json file: