syncache-drb [ options ] [ URI ]
syncache-drb starts a Distributed Ruby server providing a SynCache::Cache object.
SynCache::Cache is a thread-safe time-limited object cache with flexible replacement strategy.
- A URI with druby: schema that the DRb server binds to, default is druby://*:9000
- Display usage information and quit.
- --ttl SECONDS
- Time-to-live value for cache entries, default is 24 hours.
- --size ENTRIES
- Maximum number of objects in cache, default is 10000.
- --flush-delay SECONDS
- Rate-limit flush operations. If less than that number of seconds has passed since last flush, next flush will be delayed. Default is no rate limit.
- --user USER
- Run as USER if started as root. Default is nobody.
- --error-log ERROR_LOG_PATH
- File to write errors to. Default is /dev/null. When run as root, the file is chowned to USER:adm.
- Enable debug mode. If an error log is specified with --error-log, all messages will be sent there instead of syslog.
- --pidfile PATH
- Path to pidfile. By default, pidfile is created under /var/run/syncache-drb/ when run as root, or under $TMPDIR otherwise. Location should be writeable by USER.
Do not daemonize, switch to a different user, create pidfile, redirect output,
or log to syslog.
This manual page was written by Dmitry Borodaenko <[email protected]>. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU GPL version 3 or later.