tttview [-addr recv_addr] [-mcastifaddr addr] [-multicast] [-port recv_port] [-probe addr] [-yscale (K|M|n)]
tttview is the viewer program in the ttt program suite. tttview displays traffic-data collected on a remote host by tttprobe.
To run tttview, it is not necessary to be "root".
The ttt program suite is yet another descendant of tcpdump but it is capable of real-time, graphical, local and remote traffic-monitoring. It won't replace tcpdump, rather, it helps you find out what to look into with tcpdump.
- -addr recv_addr
- Specifies the local address. Only useful for multicast addresses. If omitted, "220.127.116.11 is used as default.
- -mcastifaddr addr
- Specifies the multicast interface address. Only useful when an interface is selected to join a multicast group.
- Shorthand for the default multicast destination "18.104.22.168".
- -port recv_port
- Specifies the udp port number to receive traffic-data from a remote tttprobe. If omitted, port 7288 is used as default.
- -probe addr
- Specifies the address of a probe. Only useful to select one among multiple probes.
- -yscale ('K'|'M'|n)
- change the scale of y-axis. 'K' and 'M' represent 1000 and 1000000 respectively.
Remark: "hostA" is allways the host where traffic-data is collected with tttprobe and "hostB" is allways the host where the traffic-data is displayed with tttview.
hostA: tttprobe hostB
hostA: tttprobe ip_of_hostB
- when using the default multicast address:
hostA: tttprobe -multicast
hostB: tttview -multicast
- this is equivalent to:
hostA: tttprobe 22.214.171.124
hostB: tttview -addr 126.96.36.199