int VistaIOReadObjects (file, repn, attributes, objects)
- FILE *file; VistaIORepnKind repn; VistaIOAttrList *attributes; VistaIOPointer (*objects);
- Specifies the open stream from which the objects should be read.
- Specifies the kind of objects sought.
- Returns a list of attributes read from the stream.
- Returns a vector of pointers to the objects read.
DESCRIPTIONVistaIOReadObjects reads a Vista data file from an open stream, collects all top-level objects of the type specified by repn, and returns those objects separately from the file's other contents. It is used by VistaIOReadImages, for example, to read and collect images by specifying VistaIOImageRepn for the repn argument.
RETURN VALUESVistaIOReadObjects returns the number of objects obtained, or 0 if an error is encountered. A vector of the objects is allocated and returned via objects. Any other objects found in the file are returned as an attribute list via attributes.
DIAGNOSTICSBesides the following, any of the diagnostics produced by VistaIOReadFile may be generated.
- ``No type objects present in stream.''
- No objects of the type specified by repn were encountered in the stream.