SYNOPSISwmmenugen [options...] -parser=<name> fspec [fspec...] [-parser=<name> fspec [fspec...]...]
DESCRIPTIONwmmenugen generates a menu in the PropList format for Window Maker from the input file fspec. In the case where fspec is a directory instead of a file, then wmmenugen will read all the files present in the hierarchy of this directory.
- --help, -h
- print a help message with the list of options
- specify the format of the file to be parsed
- print the version of Window Maker from which the program comes
PARSERSwmmenugen supports these file formats for input files:
- the format of the menu generation tool for X of the same name
- the format of the menu specification as defined by the FreeDesktop standard, currently at version 1.1
RETURN VALUEThe exit status from the wmmenugen command provides information for the caller:
- when the PropList menu was successfully generated on stdout.
- when a fspec caused a problem (non readable file, ...)
- the arguments of the command line where not recognised
- the program met an unexpected menu structure; you probably want to look at the section BUGS below.
BUGSIf you get the exit status 3 with the unclear error message about unprocessed levels on the stack, you encountered a limitation of wmmenugen. It would be a good idea to prepare an archive with the files incriminated and submit them to the mailing list ([email protected]) with you command line, so the team can work on improving the behaviour of the program on this case.
AUTHORwmmenugen is a part of Window Maker. It was written by Tamas TEVESZ.
This manpage was written by Rodolfo García Peñas (kix) for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others).