XmRendition is a pseudo widget used for the rendering of XmStrings. XmRendition has two parts: XmStringTag and rendering information. The XmStringTag part can be matched with an XmStringTag associated with a LOCALE, CHARSET, or RENDITION[BEGIN|END] component within XmString. The rendering information contains information about the font or fontset, colors, tabs, and lines to be used in rendering a text component.
If a resource in a rendition is unspecified, usually by setting it to XmAS_IS or XmUNSPECIFIED_PIXEL, then the value to be used for that resource is the value of the immediately preceding rendition in XmString. If that value is unspecified, then the preceding value is used, and so on. If no renditions specify a value for a resource, then a default value will be used.
XmRendition does not inherit from any widget class.
The following table defines a set of widget resources used by the programmer to specify data. To reference a resource by name or by class in a .Xdefaults file, remove the XmN or XmC prefix and use the remaining letters. To specify one of the defined values for a resource in a .Xdefaults file, remove the Xm prefix and use the remaining letters (in either lowercase or uppercase, but include any underscores between words). The codes in the access column indicate if the given resource can be set at creation time (C), set by using XmRenditionUpdate (S), retrieved by using XmRenditionRetrieve (G), or is not applicable (N/A).
- Specifies the background drawing color. A value of XmUNSPECIFIED_PIXEL indicates that the background is not specified for this rendition.
- Specifies the actual font or fontset to be used by this rendition. The value of this resource, if set to other than XmAS_IS, will be used regardless of the settings of the other font resources. Setting this resource will force XmNloadModel to be XmLOAD_IMMEDIATE. If this resource is not initially set, then it will be set subsequently by the rendition whenever the font or fontset specified by XmNfontName is loaded. If both XmNfontName and XmNfont are specified in a resource file, the XmNfont specification will take precedence.
- Specifies an X Logical Font Description (XLFD) string, which is interpreted either as a font name or as a base font name list. A base font name list is a comma-separated and NULL-terminated string. A value of XmAS_IS indicates that the font is not specified for this rendition. If both XmNfontName and XmNfont are specified in a resource file, the XmNfont specification will take precedence.
- Specifies whether the XmNfontName resource refers to a font name or to a base font name list. Valid values are XmFONT_IS_FONT and XmFONT_IS_FONTSET.
- Specifies the foreground drawing color. A value of XmUNSPECIFIED_PIXEL indicates that the foreground is not specified for this rendition.
- Specifies whether the font or fontset specified by XmNfontName is to be loaded when the rendition is created (XmLOAD_IMMEDIATE) or only when the font is required to render an XmString segment (XmLOAD_DEFERRED). Note that specifying XmLOAD_IMMEDIATE for XmNloadModel is valid only if XmNfontName is specified, in which case the specified font will be loaded on creation, or if XmNfont is specified, in which case the font is already loaded. XmLOAD_DEFERRED is only valid when XmNfontName is specified.
- Specifies the type of line to be used to strike through a text segment. Valid values are XmNO_LINE, XmSINGLE_LINE, XmDOUBLE_LINE, XmSINGLE_DASHED_LINE, and XmDOUBLE_DASHED_LINE. A value of XmAS_IS indicates that the strike-through type is not specified for this rendition.
- Specifies the tab list to be used in rendering compound strings containing tab components.
- Specifies the tag string to be used in matching the renditions with other renditions or with XmStringTag components in XmStrings. This resource must always be specified. That is, NULL is not a legal value but the empty string is. This resource is automatically set to the value of the tag parameter in the XmRenditionCreate call.
- Specifies the type of line to be used to underline a text segment. Valid values are XmNO_LINE, XmSINGLE_LINE, XmDOUBLE_LINE, XmSINGLE_DASHED_LINE, and XmDOUBLE_DASHED_LINE. A value of XmAS_IS indicates that the underline type is not specified for this rendition.