SYNOPSISzcmp [,options/] ,file1 /[,file2/]
DESCRIPTIONZcmp compares two files ('-' means standard input), and if they differ, tells the first byte and line number where they differ. Bytes and lines are numbered starting with 1. If any given file is compressed, its decompressed content is used. Compressed files are decompressed on the fly; no temporary files are created.
The supported formats are bzip2, gzip, lzip and xz.
Compares <file1> to <file2>. If <file2> is omitted zcmp tries the following:
- 1. If <file1> is compressed, compares its decompressed contents with the corresponding uncompressed file (the name of <file1> with the extension removed).
- 2. If <file1> is uncompressed, compares it with the decompressed contents of <file1>.[lz|bz2|gz|xz] (the first one that is found).
- 3. If no suitable file is found, compares <file1> with data read from standard input.
Exit status is 0 if inputs are identical, 1 if different, 2 if trouble.
- -h, --help
- display this help and exit
- -V, --version
- output version information and exit
- -b, --print-bytes
- print differing bytes
- -i, --ignore-initial=<n>[,<n2>]
- ignore differences in the first <n> bytes
- -l, --list
- list position, value of all differing bytes
- -M, --format=<list>
- process only the formats in <list>
- -n, --bytes=<n>
- compare at most <n> bytes
- -N, --no-rcfile
- don't read runtime configuration file
- -O, --force-format=,[/<f1>][,<f2>]
- force given formats (bz2, gz, lz, xz)
- -q, --quiet
- suppress all messages
- -s, --silent
- (same as --quiet)
- -v, --verbose
- verbose mode (same as --list)
- set compressor and options for bzip2 format
- set compressor and options for gzip format
- set compressor and options for lzip format
- set compressor and options for xz format
Numbers may be followed by a multiplier: k = kB = 10^3 = 1000, Ki = KiB = 2^10 = 1024, M = 10^6, Mi = 2^20, G = 10^9, Gi = 2^30, etc...
REPORTING BUGSReport bugs to [email protected]
Zutils home page: http://www.nongnu.org/zutils/zutils.html
COPYRIGHTCopyright © 2016 Antonio Diaz Diaz. License GPLv2+: GNU GPL version 2 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.