SYNOPSIScfetool import name --file|-f filename [--path|-p directory name] [--daily|-d] [--weekly|-w] [--yearly|-y] [--verbose|-v] [--help|-h]
DESCRIPTIONCreates a new database from it's XML representation, in the format created by rrdtool dump.
The -d, -w, and -y options specify which databases to create and look for in the dump, and may be combined. If they are all omitted, the default is to only import the weekly database.
- --file|-f filename
- Specifies the XML file to restore.
- The directory in which to create the new database folder. If this argument is not provided, the current working directory will be used.
- Create a database for recording daily patterns.
- Create a database for recording weekly patterns.
- Create a database for recording yearly patterns.
- Print details of the command's execution to the standard output stream.
- Print a short help message and then exit.
% cfetool import temperature_copy --path /my/path --file ./temperature.xml
Create a new weekly database, "temperature_copy", in the "/my/path" directory, and import it's contents from the file "temperature.xml" in the current working directory.