SYNOPSISomniNames [options] [omniORB-options]
DESCRIPTIONThis manual page documents briefly the omniNames command.
omniNames is omniORBs Interoperable Naming Service for CORBA, an implementation of the OMG's COS Naming Service Specification. To make it easy to use omniNames with corbaname URIs, it starts with the default port of 2809 and an object key of NameService for the root naming context.
When started for the first time omniNames needs to be told which port it should listen on. This is specified with the -start option. Subsequentley omniNames will always determine its port from the log file which it writes.
When omniNames starts up successfully it writes the stringified object reference for its root context on standard error.
OPTIONSA summary of options is included below. For a complete description, see the HTML pages included in the omniorb-doc package.
- -start [port]
- This needs to be used the first time omniNames is run. With no port argument the standard default of 2809 is used.
- -logdir directory_name
- This specifies the directory where the log/data files are kept. By default /var/lib/omniorb-nameserver/ is used.
- -errlog file_name
- Where to redirect standard error output.
- Ignore the port specification.
- Alternate way to specify the directory where the log/data files are kept.
- Idle time between checkpoints in seconds. It defaults to 15 minutes.